Update 23/2/14: Links to wrap up articles etc.
Since the conference finished a I’ve noticed a few articles and blog posts but not as many as I thought I would see. Here are the ones I’ve spotted:
- Eight social media lessons from SocialBiz14 from PwC Digital Pulse.
- SocialBiz conference: Five key lessons to enhance your business’s social strategy from Startup Smart.
- Selling Social Media to Australia’s ‘C’ Suite Continues to be a Major Issue by Trevor Young.
Over the last couple of days there has been a conference on in Melbourne which has had me glued to its hashtag. It was called Social Business 2014.
I was emailed about it in January. I get a few emails about conferences and I don’t pay them much attention as they’re often events organised by people jumping onto the bandwagon. Also, February is peak season at where I work, thanks to the Tasmanian Summer Racing Carnival, so it would have been hard to take the time off.
But immediately after noticing the hashtag on the morning it started I was hooked. There was a lot of gems being tweeted by the attendees. I’ll definitely be watching for next years conference dates and seeing if I can make it.
See below for a Storify of my favourite tweets that I retweeted as I saw them. Also, I’ll update this post with links to any good conference “wrap-up” posts that I find over the next couple of days.
At Social Hobart we drink a lot of coffee. And I suspect a lot of Social Hobart attendee’s drink a lot of coffee at home and work too.
So I thought I’d take the opportunity to play with an app, Poptip, to survey Hobart and Tasmania to see who is doing their beans best. So this survey is focusing on local bean roasters.
A good bean can be ruined by a bad barista. Likewise, I can buy a great bean and make it taste like dirty water.
To participate please reply to the following embedded posts and try to keep your answer brief as extra words confuse the app:
— Social Hobart (@socialhob) January 31, 2014
- If you’re wondering where Yellow B are? A vote for them is a vote for Zimmah.
— Yellow Bernard (@yellowbernard) January 31, 2014
- If you’re wondering where Pilgram are… you best check the conversation that flowed from this tweet: